Hillcrest Baptist Church is looking for a Youth Minister. This position is a part-time church salaried position. The general purpose of the Youth Minister is to build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as their spiritual leader and role model. The selected candidate will undergo fingerprinting and a background check.
SUPERVISION: The Youth Minister reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor provides the annual evaluation of the Youth Minister’s performance. The Senior Pastor will provide input to the budget and finance committee for retention and salary changes for the Youth Minister.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: ◦Embrace Christian discipline and the Southern Baptist doctrine and theology. ◦A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. However training or experience may be substituted for education. ◦Have a vision and demonstrate ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of Hillcrest Baptist Church. ◦Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills. ◦Possess a proven ability to work effectively with the youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers. ◦Able to challenge youth to respond to the call of God and to serve in their communities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:This job will require walking, standing, driving and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
1. Be an advocate for the youth and educate the church about the hopes, concerns and needs of the youth.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of worship, discipleship, mission and outreach.
3. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
4. Should be aware of resources and opportunities for developing the youth ministry programs and participate in training opportunities.
5. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
6. Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
7. Ensure that the Hillcrest Baptist Church Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
8. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, bulletin board, newsletter, etc.) Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
9. Coordinate with the Sunday School Superintendent on the curriculum for youth and recruit teachers in partnership with the Senior Pastor.
10. Be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
11. May be required to fill in for the Senior Pastor in his absence.
How to Apply: Submit resume to HILLCREST BAPTIST CHURCH, 2200 IVERSON STREET, TEMPLE HILLS, MARYLAND 20748 ATTENTION: Pastor
Note: Applicants will be subject to a background investigation as a condition of employment.