POSITION SUMMARY: The Pastor is responsible for the leadership and direction of church. The Pastor is responsible for being a spiritual leader of the Christian faith.
The Pastor must meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and Galatians 5:22-23.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
● Ordained Minister of the Gospel (required)
● Completed seminary from an accredited seminary
o Bachelor Degree of Divinity or higher
● More than 5 years of prior experience as pastor
● More than 5 years of prior church ministry experience as church staff
● Able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities while remaining flexible and positive
● Proficient with operating systems such as Microsoft Office and other technology platforms
● Strong ability to remain trustworthy while in contact with members in distress and address ongoing needs
● Counsels and comforts church members in times of crisis
● Demonstrates leadership and leader development
● Demonstrates wisdom in decisions, actions and recommendations
● Communicates well both verbally and in writing with staff, congregation and media.
● Preach and prepare sermons that meet the spiritual needs of the congregation
● Offer pastoral care for individuals and families as needed
● Make visits and phone calls to the shut-in members
● Build relationship with community groups
● Manage, provide guidance, and work alongside church staff
● Effectively work with the church trustees and Deacons
● Facilitate Bible studies, prayer services and small group studies
● Develop, encourage, and coach ministry leaders
● Define and align the church with a specific vision in line with the constitution
● Officiate weddings, baptisms, funerals, ordinations, and other special services
The work is mostly sedentary. However, it does require some walking, lifting, standing, driving, and some late-night flexibility.
The salary will be as approved within the church’s budget and negotiated and agreed to in the employment contract. Salary payments will be paid bi-weekly of each month.
Please submit resumes by mail to:
Hillcrest Baptist Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
2200 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD
Email submissions send to:
(Subject line: Attn. Pastor Search Committee)