Hillcrest Baptist Church is seeking a part-time accounting clerk (15 hours per week), who possess two (2) years of work experience or education related to the duties of this position. Applicant must have knowledge and experience with QuickBooks. Applicant will be responsible for the following:
Receipts and Disbursements
- Post receipts and disbursements to all accounts using QuickBooks system.
- Enter all invoices received, process checks, submit to appropriate persons for signature, and prepare for mailing.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Maintain files of invoices, related correspondence, and reports.
Reports and Offering Envelops
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for budget and finance committee and church business meetings.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements to all ministry leaders.
- Requisition & prepare all offering envelopes for annual distribution based on the official church membership roll.
- Prepare envelopes for new members as they join.
- Maintain and update Sunday School rosters quarterly.
Files and Tax Forms
- Maintain filing system and storage system for all financial records and banking records for easy retrieval.
- Maintain historical data, and establish retention system for old financial records in accordance with government requirements (minimum of 5 years).
- Prepare and distribute 1099’s to all persons receiving more than the amount established by the IRS for the year.
- File the required annual tax forms. Other Duties - Receive and respond to queries concerning financial matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA’s): 1. Ability to accurately apply accounting and math skills. 2. Working knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheets, and financial systems (i.e. ACS, Quickbooks) 3. Knowledge of annual tax requirements for employees (i.e. 1099’s). 4. Ability to meet and deal with staff and other church ministry leaders in a discreet, friendly, professional and Christ-like manner as it pertains to finances and financial records. 5. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
All qualified applicants will be rated and ranked based on responses submitted to the above KSA’s.
The Accounting Clerk shall report to the Church Administrator and shall have a salary commensurate with experience. Please send your resume and KSAs to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: PERSONNEL COMMITTEE